Google Rolls Out 'Switch to Android' App For iOS Users
Synopsis: Although, Apple released its app in 2015 on Google Play Store in order to provide some relief to the iPhone users. However, Google's new app 'Switch to Android' will make it easier for the users to automate the process of data transfer, making it quick and simple.
Brining some ease for the iPhone users, tech giant Google has finally launched an app named 'Switch to Android' that will let the users move data from their iPhone to Android. This move has been much awaited among iPhone users as it has been a struggle for many to transfer their data while switching smartphones.
Although, Apple released its app in 2015 on Google Play Store in order to provide some relief to the iPhone users. However, Google's new app 'Switch to Android' will make it easier for the users to automate the process of data transfer, making it quick and simple.
Switch to Android app's description reads, “The Switch to Android app from Google helps you quickly and securely move your most important data types, photos, videos, contacts, and calendar events to a brand new Android device without fussy cables. The app also walks you through other important steps to setting up your device, like turning off iMessage so you don’t miss text messages from friends and family. The app will ask you for a series of permissions so that your iPhone’s data can be moved to your Android device.”
Reportedly, the users who want to transfer their data from the iPhone, the app will let them do so wirelessly by using the Android phone as a hotspot. During the process of transferring the messages from iPhone to Android phone, the app will require the iMessages to be turned on during the transfer of photos, videos, calendar events, and contacts that are available on the device. Similarly, iCloud will transfer the data directly to Google Drive.
Apparently, iPhone users can easily download the 'Switch to Android' app from Apple App Store. According to the reports, the users who transfer their data from iPhone to Android will be required to have iOS 12. Notably, the app will require and ask for a number of permissions that will be related to accessing data on the user's iPhone that will be done to ensure seamless transfer of data.
Also, the reports suggest that the app supports all data types similar to Google Drive. Plus, prior to moving data from iPhone to android and changing the device, users are suggested to take backups of their contacts, calendar, photos, and videos via the Google Drive iOS app.
Here's how you can download the 'Switch to Android' app on your iPhone:
- Look for the 'Switch to Android' app on Apple App Store, install and launch it.
- Click on the 'Start' button on your iPhone and scan the QR code on your Android phone.
- Locate and select your iPhone from the list of devices shown on your Android phone.
- Now you will be greeted with options like Contacts, Calendar events, Videos, and Photos, choose whichever you are willing to move then tap on 'Continue'.
- After completion of the process, disable iMessage from the Settings tab and request a copy of iCloud data by tapping on 'Start' in the next tab.
- Once you finish the process, close the app and you may continue with the setup on your Android Phone.